Are you yearning to explore exotic destinations or simply unwind amidst breathtaking landscapes with your family? While exploring destinations with family is the super plan, securing your travel should be a priority!
Family travel insurance is a product that exclusively provides wide-ranging coverage features against unforeseen scenarios to secure your family’s travel plan. It can provide customised benefits based on your needs.
So, if you plan to purchase specific travel insurance products such as travel insurance for canada, you have the option any time!
Here is a guide to purchasing family travel insurance both online and offline.
What Is Family Travel Insurance?
A family travel insurance policy is a travel insurance plan wherein the policy provides equal and adequate coverage for the individual members of a family on a travel plan. Securing individual family members in a single policy is convenient and affordable.
Purchasing Family Travel Insurance Online And Offline
A family travel insurance plan can be purchased online or offline. Here is what you need to know about purchasing family travel insurance online and offline.
Steps to purchase the family travel insurance online
- Visit the official website of the travel insurance provider.
- Provide the details about the travel destination.
- Provide the travel dates, starting and ending dates.
- Provide the particulars of the individual members, such as name, age, etc.
- Provide your mobile number and Email address.
- Navigate to get the different online travel insurance policy options.
- Read and understand the different policy options to compare the features and benefits.
- If you feel the plan options are reasonable and affordable, choose a suitable travel insurance policy and pay the premium online.
- You will receive the family travel insurance coverage instantly with the details on your mobile and Email address.
Mobile Applications – You can also utilise the mobile applications of the insurance provider to apply for family travel insurance online.
Steps to purchase the family travel insurance offline
- Visit the nearest branch office of the travel insurance provider.
- Seek details about the different family travel insurance plan options.
- Compare the features and decide on a suitable policy for your family.
- Fill out the application form providing the necessary details.
- Pay the applicable premium charges.
- Receive the acknowledgement and the family travel insurance policy document instantly.
P.S. You can also contact the insurance providers on their toll-free numbers, provide the travel details, and purchase the family travel insurance.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing Family Travel Insurance Online Or Offline
Before you buy family travel insurance online or offline, you need to consider a few factors.
- Number of family members
The number of family members covered, the type of relationships, their age, and their health condition can differ for travel insurance providers. Ensure you understand these details to be eligible for coverage when buying family travel insurance.
- Type of coverage offered
Loss of baggage or passport — It can cover the loss of losing your baggage or passport if you have misplaced it or lost it when you are travelling to any destination.
Train or flight cancellations — A train or flight cancellation can mean a financial loss. The family travel insurance can reimburse the cost incurred in booking the tickets.
Medical and hospitalisation expenses — If you or any of your family members suffer from an injury or a disease, the family travel insurance can pay for the hospitalisation and medical expenses.
Based on your family’s travel plans, understand and decide on the type of coverage offered by the insurance provider to ensure that it is adequate for your needs.
The premium will depend on the number of family members covered, their ages, travel destination, trip duration, pre-existing health conditions, etc.
Further, if you opt for add-on covers to enhance the coverage, it can increase the premium rate.
- Family travel insurance policy inclusions and exclusions
A family travel insurance policy can impose restrictions on specific destinations, activities, or illnesses. Be aware of these terms and conditions to make valid claims and benefit from the coverage.
- The extent of medical coverage provided
Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions — Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions can be restricted unless life-threatening. The family members might have to go for a medical check-up in case of such scenarios to be eligible for the family travel insurance plan.
Type of diseases and injuries covered — The number of diseases or injuries covered can be restricted specifically to the family travel insurance policy.
The limit for medical coverage — Understand the extent of medical coverage offered when you buy family travel insurance.
- Claim procedure
Understand the claim procedure and the reliability of the insurer by knowing their claim settlement ratio and customer reviews.
As you plan a trip with your family to embrace the thrill of venturing into creating cherishable memories, purchasing family travel insurance should be a priority. It helps to secure every family member against possible and unforeseen scenarios. A family travel insurance plan can be purchased online or offline, and online is a better option.
Take smart travel decisions with your family. However, travel smartly and safely with family travel insurance!